A security officer has a number of duties that he has to perform when he is working for a person or property. They are as follows:
- Always Ready: They should be vigilant at all times and ready to face any situation at any time. They must have a keen sense of smelling, hearing and seeing if anything out of the ordinary takes place.
- Visible: These security officers need to be visible at all times, except when they are undercover, to deter criminals before they attack. Most criminals will tend to back off on seeing the presence of security guards.
- Presence of Mind: When facing a dangerous situation, they should be able to handle it well and they should also maintain their composure after the occurrence of any dangerous event.
- Reporting: Security guards should give a clear report of everything that happens without missing any detail. They should also take adequate measures to prevent committing the same mistakes again.
- Back-Up: When the security guard faces a dangerous situation that he cannot handle alone, he should be wise enough to call for back up without wasting any time. Timely call for help will prevent loss of property and life. Click for more info about Security Companies In Phoenix.
- Obeys Orders: In some cases, the security officers will have to check the visitors who are arriving to ensure that no one other than the expected guests attend the event. In such a case, they should adhere to all the rules set by the company and allow only the respected delegates to enter.